Wallpaper Round Up


Everybody shout because tomorrow Andrew and I close on our new house! Wooohooo! This has been the longest month and a half of my life, but we made it and tomorrow we will be the proud owners of a brand new (to us) home. We won't close on our house until Monday, so technically we're the proud owners of TWO houses. Wow. Look at us.

Tomorrow is also Andrew's birthday, so this is doubling as a birthday present for him. You're welcome, hun!

I've been picking out finishing touches for the new house (paint colors, hardware, etc.) and there's one idea I'm really crazy about. Are you ready for it? Wallpaper. That's right, wallpaper.

I know what you are thinking. You had tacky floral wallpaper in your house growing up and you are totally turned off from the idea, but guys wallpaper is back and it's better than ever!

I have been fortunate enough to get 3 rolls of reusable adhesive wallpaper (say what!) to try in the new house courtesy of WallPops! This completely diminishes my fear of hanging paper and potentially ruining the walls. Here's the pattern I chose, I'm thinking this would be fun in the laundry room or even the hall bathroom. I'll be doing another post on hanging this reusable wallpaper once we get into the new house, but I can already tell it's going to be awesome!


AND my friends at Brewster Home Fashions are generously contributing some wallpaper for my entry way.

Brewster has a HUGE wallpaper selection and they also carry WallPops, so if glue isn't your thing you can go the reusable adhesive route. I've spent a lot of time scouring their site for the perfect paper and have narrowed it down to six.

These are my top picks for the entry way.



1. This Meadow Taupe Animals print is my original thought for the entry way. I love how neutral it is. My only concern is that it might look a little too much like a nursery. Does this read baby to you?


2. This Ayaanle Dutch Floral is way too bold for any of my home projects, but isn't it fun? It does come in a neutral background, but I still feel like it would be too bold. Love the look of it though. 


3. Same with this Red Vivid Floral -- a little too busy for the entry way. Maybe for a smaller bathroom?


4. LOVE these Hand Painted Tulips! If you can't tell, I really love kitch-y floral patterns. If these blooms were gray I think I would be all over this one. I think the pink is a little too much for our entryway space. 
5. This Black Block Print Tulip pattern is a major contender. Our house will have that same thick white trim and black touches with natural wood, and it looks great in the picture above! I think it would look great in our entry way too, and it doesn't look quite as nursery. What do you think?


6. Lastly, this Beige Modern Rose is a good neutral option. I like the print, but it feels a little more hotel to me. Maybe that's just because the bed in this picture reminds me of a hotel bed. 

Which pattern was your favorite? We start remodels next week so I'll need to place orders and get this thing rolling quickly! Let me know what your choice was in the comments below! 

Happy Homemaking!
Sallie

All papers shown are from Brewster Home Fashions, a sponsor of this post
SaveSave

5 comments

  1. Eep!! I love floral wallpaper! Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'll be looking to you for advice. I think #5 is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black block tulips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally had the exact same thoughts on each one! I think 5 is my favorite but I really really like how fun and whimsical #1 is! I think for me it would come down to the colors that will be in the next visible room when you're standing in your entryway and which would compliment the full view best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #2, but you would have to be careful about placement of the flower "bursts" which could be tricky!! I agree with everyone else that #5 is the best option :)

    ReplyDelete