Bedroom Dreaming

Lately, I've been dreaming of redecorating our bedroom. For reference, our bedroom received a major facelift this past Christmas when we ordered our first real bed and rug. While those two purchases majorly improved the space, I still wasn't so happy with it. So I started looking for inspiration and I had an epiphany! I love neutral bedrooms, but I've created a really overly colorful one. I think it instead of my bedroom having a calm feel, it's overwhelming. I have a few short term solutions, but I think this will take a few more months to solve. Before I show you what I want to do, I think you should see what we are working with. 


 I don't hate it, but I really don't love it. I like the rug, but not in this room. We are really limited with storage, so moving furniture around will require getting a smaller wardrobe unit which I don't think we can commit to just yet. I would love to rearrange the furniture so the bed is centered under the window, but before we can do that we have to solve the closet problem. We also have no art! It's sad. I haven't committed to hang anything up because I knew we'd probably be changing. My goal is to have this place looking ship shape by the New Year or shortly after. We shall see. 

And now, my dreams!







The bed I love obviously, as I already own it. I love the framed art from Schoolhouse, too! I think I can recreate and print that myself, since I've already done a silhouette project. I love those sconces, but unless we rearrange furniture, they won't work in the room as it stands right now. The Ikea wardrobe is something I would love to have on either side of the bed to replace the one large one, but alas our room is 6in too small to have two on one wall! Bummer! The rug, fortunately, is in reach! My brother and sister-in-law are getting rid of their old dining rug and are giving it to Andrew and I. It closely matches this color and after a good cleaning it will be re-homed to the bedroom. I also discovered I have two smaller pillow inserts just waiting to be used, so I may try to make some throw pillows this weekend to spruce up the bed. With all the changes I want to make I really just need to start saving and getting a plan together. If you want to donate to the "Sallie wants a new bedroom" fund, you can email me! Kidding of course. But really. 

xoxo Sallie 

No comments