Felt Flower How To: Peony


It's no secret, I love felt flowers. Long before I became the Mrs. Meyer's Home Maker, I was making felt blooms and if I'm being honest, they weren't very good. It wasn't until I made my Fall Felt Wreath that I really honed in my felt flower skills and even learned a few tricks of my own.


I love how versatile felt flowers can be. I've used them to make flower crowns, bouquets, wreaths, and even napkin rings. You saw them in my Mother's Day Bouquet project and on top of my Galentine's Day Cake. I've found that little felt blooms are cute no matter how you use them!

Side note: I want to let you know that next Thursday July 28th I am teaching a Felt Flower Workshop at West Elm in Utica Square! The cost is $30 for a 2 hour, in depth workshop where you'll leave with a plethora of supplies and all the skills you need to start making. Space is limited, so sign up here!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Today I want to show you a flower tutorial that is completely original to me! I made this one myself, so you won't see one like it anywhere else -- my Peony! This flower uses my signature "Fold + Glue" technique that helps give your flowers dimension and makes them look real!


Easy huh? I'd love to see your felt flower projects! Tag me on Instagram tell me what you made in the comments below. Don't forget to sign up for the workshop next Thursday!

Happy Homemaking!
Sallie

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments