Home Tour: The Urban Acres II Part 2


Hello again! It was so nice to show everyone the new place yesterday, and I enjoyed reading everyone's kind words about our new home. We are so excited and very grateful to be starting this new adventure!

If you missed it, look here to see the living and kitchen areas of our house. Today I'm showing you the bedrooms and the bathrooms.

The photos in this post are courtesy of The Sarah Image -- thank you Sarah!

The bathrooms in this house are very patriotic, well almost -- pink, blue, and white.
This little pink bathroom is right off the kitchen. We were planning on leaving it the way it is until a further date, but we found out yesterday that the beautiful pink toilet leaks, so we are going to go ahead and rip it out.



We'll do wood floors in here that connect to the kitchen and dining room, bead board up the walls, new paint or wallpaper, and a new pedestal sink and toilet.

Next up is this lovely blue bathroom. This is right off the Master. It is small! The shower currently has a faulty shower pan, so in order to get this one up and running it MUST be remodeled. We aren't sure if our budget will be able to accommodate for this bathroom as a normal remodel is about $6,000.


If we can remodel in here, we will gut everything. New slate floors, subway tile shower, and a new toilet and vanity.

Lastly, the white bathroom just off the hall between the bedrooms.


This bathroom is really not bad. It's not my favorite, but for the long term it looks like we'll be keeping this one as is. This will serve as the guest bathroom and the bathroom the kids will use (when we have them).

There are 4 bedrooms in the new house. They are all a nice size and have great closet space! The closets in our old house were teeny tiny so it will be nice to be able to spread out a bit!

Bedroom number one is just off the entry down the hall. This will most likely be my craft room since it has really nice light.


This room will get new paint, new carpet, and new trim. We're thinking of doing a carpet with a pattern, but I haven't made up my mind yet.


Bedroom number two is right across from my craft room. This will probably be Andrew's office. It also has a really nice closet which will be great for him. We'll paint it, put in new carpet and add trim.

The third bedroom isn't pictured, but it looks just like the other two. It has a smaller closet so it's where the guest room will be. My mom is giving me an antique four poster bed that they had in their house since forever! It will look great in the new house.

And this beauty with the blue carpeting is the master. You can't tell from the picture but that blue carpet has the thickest carpet pad I've ever felt! It's like walking around on one of those giant sponges you use to wash your car.


This room is a little bigger than the others and it has excellent natural light during the day -- a huge difference from our old bedroom which was completely dark. We'll be putting hardwoods in here, painting, and adding trim.

I am still a little unsure what my paint colors will be for this new house. I LOVE Joanna Gaine's Magnolia Market line of paints and I think I could match them to something a little cheaper. I will definitely keep everything more neutral and let the decor add the color.

This concludes the Home Tour Part 2! Over the next couple of weeks I'll be posting in depth looks at the renovation process and plans. We start demo on the kitchen this weekend and I am SO EXCITED!

Happy Homemaking!
Sallie

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments