Happy Birthday The Urban Acres!

One year ago this week I took the plunge and started The Urban Acres. I had wanted to start a blog for years, but it never felt like the "right" time. I finally (at the encouragement of a friend) took the plunge and just started, and I am so glad I did! 


I have learned A LOT in just this first year, not just about blogging, but also about myself. I'm not nearly as scheduled as I thought I was, and this entire process has been harder than I imagined it would be. This first year has been fun, but more than anything it's helped me to narrow my focus. I started out thinking I would blog about lots of things, but now I can see more clearly what's the purpose of The Urban Acres -- It's all about home. I hope to encourage and inspire the readers of this blog to care for and treasure their homes, whether they are crafty or not.

This second year is already looking like an adventure! Andrew and I start renovating the new house in about a month and I cannot wait to get in there and start making it feel like home. I hope you'll enjoy reading all the before and afters!

Lastly, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been reading this blog -- you are awesome! I do this because I love it, but to have someone else who loves reading is the icing on the cake.

I put together a little "Year in Review" of some of my favorite (and yours) posts from this first year. Enjoy!


Living Room Tour Mrs. Meyer's Hunt Floral Art Macrame Runner


Backyard Chickens Perfect Pie Receipe Mini Pineapple Cake Felt Flower Wreath

No comments