My trip to NYC with Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day


Last month I finally got to share my big news that I was chosen to be the first ever Mrs. Meyer’s Homemaker! It’s pretty crazy, and I’m still pinching myself! 

But winning The Hunt was just part of this amazing experience -- the other part was getting to go to New York to film some DIY videos and take part in a photo shoot.

The first week in March Andrew, Lola, and I packed our bags and headed to the Big Apple.

We stayed in the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn. You guys, this hotel was so cool. Our room had a Manhattan view and it was unbelievable!



Lola loved the hotel, too. She even made friends with the doorman who saw her every morning and evening for her potty breaks. 

The day we arrived, Andrew and I went into the city and did some site-seeing, and eating; )



Sidenote: It is BUTT cold in New York, even in March! We found out that we are NOT cut out for East Coast winters!



Here is a pic of me looking all marshmellow-y in Times Square. Can you tell I’m freezing my buns off?

The second day we shot my video for the Mrs. Meyer’s site. The space we filmed in was so neat! It was a large loft space, and each wall was staged as a different part of a home. My “home” in the studio included a fireplace and some built ins. Everything was painted white so it was airy and dreamy!



It was still cold though, so Andrew and I took turns keeping Lola warm. 



I also got my make-up done professionally. 



To give you a little insight of what the film life is like — we spent 8 hours shooting for a 45 second video. Truth be told, when I see commercials now I think “Oh my gosh they have so many different angles, this would have taken forever!”

It’s also surprisingly exhausting! Even though I wasn’t talking, it takes a lot out of you to be “On” in front of the camera. I slept like a baby every night that we were there. 



The second day I shot my videos with Sweet Paul and Grace Bonney. They are awesome people! Sweet Paul is actually very sassy, and he had me rolling the entire time! I also cut my hand while crafting for his video, which proves that crafting is a very dangerous job. 

Grace Bonney was so sweet, too! It was kind of surreal sitting next to someone I have gawked at through instagram for years! Our video ended with a high five at the end, and we are pretty much professional high-fivers now. 


The third day was the photo shoot. I got to work with a fabulous photographer and the crew was much smaller, so it was a much easier day. Lola also got her 5 minutes of fame, because she ended up being in the print ad! And can I just say, everyone on set LOVED her. 

I mean look at this face, how could you not??



Andrew and I didn’t end up doing a ton of site-seeing so we already have plans to go back. We did have time to sneak in some great Thai food, that we are still talking about. Everyone on set gave me lists of where we need to go, so I’ve saved all of them for when we go back. It was a great experience, and I really hope I get to do it again sometime!


Happy Homemaking!
Sallie
SaveSave

No comments