Home Tour: The Urban Acres II Part 1


Happy Tuesday friends! I had every intention of getting this new home tour posted over the weekend, but our move ended up being a lot more work than I had anticipated.

I spent all day Friday packing up the last few odds and ends and got everything into a box thanks to my Mother-in-law, Kelley, who was so helpful!

Friday night Andrew and I loaded the Pod. Loading a Pod is like trying to put together a puzzle without the finished picture. We managed to squeeze in almost all of the boxes, and most of the furniture.

Then Saturday, we got up early to try to beat the heat and moved the rest of the furniture and our very heavy piano into the new house. Thank you to the friends who helped us with that!

Sunday, Andrew and I worked all day moved the rest of our stuff out of the old house and into the  new house. My friends came over and helped deep clean, and then we said our goodbyes and went to have celebratory ice cream.

All together, I think Andrew and I worked about 30 hours this weekend, so needless to say we were exhausted.

It's been bittersweet to say goodbye to our first home, but overall we are very excited to start putting together all the plans for this new house.

Let's check it out!



A few fun facts about The Urban Acres II
• Built in 1962
• We are the 3rd owners
• It is over 2x as big as our first house (Woohoo!)
• 4 bedrooms 2.5 baths
• The backyard is to die for


This house has 4 mature trees and the houses beside ours have massive oak trees, so we are completely shaded.

I love the outside of this house. It just looks very cozy to me. We may eventually change up the color, but for now we're loving the way it looks.


First up is the entry way. This is not too small, but we will be taking out the two closets to create a big open space into the den. I don't want it to feel cramped right when you walk in.


From the entry you come into this large front living room. This may be where our TV ends up living or it might have more of a library feel. Not sure yet. Andrew has suggested that this be a gaming space, and I have vetoed that suggestion. No way, no how.


As you walk through the living room you come into the dining room. I actually think this chandelier is really sweet and I may relocate it to a nursery in the future. I'm thinking shiplap for this space and a nice new pendant light.


From the dining room we enter the kitchen. If you missed it, here are my kitchen plans for the new house. I've gone back and forth on doing the black cabinets, and I think I'm going to pull a Shia Labeouf and "just do it". YOLO, right?


The kitchen remodel will make way for a nice big opening into the den. Remember the new opening in the entry way leads into this room, too so it will be nice and open. This room is really dark and it reminds me a lot of my childhood home which I loved!

And now friends, the reason we bought this place -- the sun room!


This sun room is open, airy, and bright. I LOVE it! I would love to create a little sitting space out here as I imagine this will be where I spend a lot of my time. Andrew and I absolutely fell in love the moment we walked into this room.


The sun room opens out to a pergola and the back yard is just stunning.


I mean, come on. Andrew and I still can't believe we get to have a backyard like this! Remember all the renovation plans we were going to do to our other house? We would have spent about 5k and it wouldn't even come close to feeling like this.

That's it for today, I'll be back tomorrow for Part 2 with a tour of the bedrooms and bathrooms. In the meantime let me know what you think! Are you on board with our renovation plans? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Happy Homemaking!
Sallie

SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments

  1. What a beautiful home! You're right, the back yard is insanely beautiful and that shade is a huge bonus in Tulsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Where are your chickens at during the renovation process? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backyard and sunroom are incredible!

    ReplyDelete