Mini Quiches


I am of the opinion that things taste better when they are in miniature form. Take my mini pie for example. The tiny-ness just makes it was cuter and more fun to eat, or at least that's just my opinion.


I bought these mini spring form pans from Michael's a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVE THEM! I already made a three layer chocolate cake that turned out great! Since my chickens are in full on laying mode, I've had a surplus of eggs so I decided it was time to make some mini quiches.


I always use the perfect pie crust recipe from Pioneer Woman, and today I made 3 miniaturized bacon, onion, mushroom and cheese quiches. They were perfect, and even Andrew approved (which is rare).

Here's how you do it.

Ingredients
1-2 tbsp butter
• 5 eggs
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 onion, sliced
• 5 pieces of bacon
• 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
• salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1.     Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease your baking pans before filling with pie crust.

2.     Heat 1 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted and hot, add
        your onions and mushrooms. Cook until they are nice and browned, about 15-20 minutes.

3.     Meanwhile in a separate skillet, cook bacon. Be careful here to not overdo it. You still want it
        to be soft and juicy. Once cool, tear into bite sized pieces.

4.     In a large bowl, beat 5 eggs and heavy whipping cream together. Mix until everything is
        evenly incorporated. You may add a little salt and pepper to taste.

5.     Add onions, mushrooms, bacon, and cheese to your egg mixture. Stir, stir, stir! You want
        everything to be evenly distributed!

6.     Spoon quiche mixture into prepared baking pans. Bake in oven set at 400F for about 30 - 35
        minutes or until the tops are golden brown.

What do you put in your quiches? I'd love to hear your recipe!

Happy Homemaking!
Sallie



No comments