Grand Plans for the Backyard Pt. 2

About a month ago I shared some of my hopes and dreams for our backyard. (If you missed that post, click here to read it.) Currently our backyard is a little sad. Ok more than a little. It's downright pitiful. My dream is to create a beautiful patio space where we could hold an amazing party for my birthday on May 22nd. That gives us a month and a half for this project.


The main issue to be solved is finding a fashionable way to keep the chickens off the patio because they poop on everything! Not even kidding.

Andrew and I had a brainstorming session on how to solve this problem, and we came up with an idea that I'm pretty crazy about. Concrete planters. Instead of fencing around the patio, we'll use built in concrete planters to create a stylish barrier.

Now, our patio will look great and will be free from chickens. This does mean we'll have to tear out the existing concrete -- but by doing so, we'll be able to double the patio space! Now we'll have room for a dining area and separate seating.

And even better, Apartment Therapy is now running a program where they will help fund your renovation and in return you share a detailed blog post about it. So of course I applied! Hoping to hear back from them on if our project qualifies and we could get as much as $1,500 toward our reno. That will definitely help with this part of my wish list...


If we don't get funding from Apartment Therapy, my wish list will probably be cut back a bit. I have found some great cheaper options in the way of outdoor furniture from Target and Overstock. I'm just excited to get this project rolling so I can finally have the outdoor party of my dreams!

xoxo Sallie


1 comment

  1. Love the idea of concrete planters. We had chickens once and I know how they poop on everything! Yuk!

    ReplyDelete