Backyard Chickens: A Year in Review



It was one year ago this week when our lives changed forever. Ok, well maybe not forever but it was indeed a big change. It all started when I saw a chicken walking around my local plant nursery, and I instantly knew I wanted to be a chicken mother. 


For context, before last year I knew nothing about chicken raising. NOTHING! For this reason, Andrew was extremely against the idea. 

 
As was Lola. 


My friend Angie sent me a post she found on instagram a few weeks ago that read "I wanted backyard chickens, my husband didn't want backyard chickens, so we compromised and I got backyard chickens." Yep. That's pretty much how it went.


I "convinced" (more like forced) Andrew to get backyard chickens. He is such a good husband to go along with some of my crazy schemes. One year into it though, and it's one of the best decisions we've made. Even Andrew has grown to love the chickens. 


On this one year anniversary, I thought what better way to honor these little fluffy butts, than by sharing some of their finer moments caught on camera. So without further adieu, I give you "Chickens Year One."


Chickens, I love you! Here's to your health and wishing you a happy long life (however long that might be, we're not quite sure).

 If you think you'd like to try raising backyard chickens, read this and this to see a little bit more of what the day to day is like.

xoxo Sallie

1 comment