Front Porch Makeover

Growing up, we had a house with a full wrap around porch -- think Georgian plantation house. It was big enough to put lots of patio furniture on, and I loved sitting outside when the weather was nice. There was the occasional snake under the couch cushions (another story for another time), but overall it was very nice!

A house with big porch is definitely on my bucket list, but until then I am making the most with what I have!


I like to think of the porch as a little preview of what lies ahead. I think there are so many missed opportunities to create a welcoming experience when you leave your porch untouched. 


And can I just say, the first day I had this completed I had a party and almost every person mentioned that they liked the porch! It makes a difference, people!

I made a little mood board so I could get a clear idea of exactly what I was going for. 

Some of the things on this mood board were things I already owned, like the hanging planters. I bought new flowers and spruced those up myself. Hanging flower baskets $25.


Just by adding some hanging baskets it really started to spruce up the space! Then I focused on the plants I wanted on the ground. I picked up these two foliage plants from Home Depot, plus the planters and stand and it was about $60. 


I purchased Begonias and Hostas for the front porch flower bed for about $20. These plants love the shade which is great for me since the front porch is 100% shade. I also added my pink flamingos that I bought from amazon last year. They may be tacky, but I love them! 


And to tie the entire look together, I bought this rug from overstock. All in all, I am so pleased with this space! I spent about $200 to tie it all together, but for the positive feedback I've received I think it's all worth it! 

xoxo Sallie

No comments