DIY Felt Cone Trees

Merry Christmas everyone! It's finally past Thanksgiving, so I can officially say that. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I also hope you all ate way to much pie and took lots of naps. I know I did.

With Thanksgiving behind us, we can press forward to the day we wait all year for -- Christmas!
I don't know about you, but I LOVE decorating my home for Christmas. I turn on a Christmas movie and spend the day decking the halls. This year I decided to get a little craftier and I am bringing you a few DIYs you can use to make your home extra cozy this Christmas. Here is the first one!


These little trees were inspired by these that I found at Target. The Target ones are $16 each, but with my tutorial you can make 3 for $30. A much better deal if you ask me.


Here's how you do it.

The Players
• Papier Mache Cones -- these are 50% off at Hobby Lobby!
• 1 yard felt
• Wool Felt balls or Pom Poms
• Hot Glue
• Scissors

Directions

1.    Cut "leaves" for your trees. I did a few different shapes, and 3 sizes.
       The large ones go at the base of the tree, and gradually get smaller as you work up. Start by
       making around 100 per tree, then you can always make more.

2.    Use hot glue, and start gluing rows at the bottom of the cone then gradually work your
       way up. The closer you get to the top, the smaller those "leaves" should be.

3.    Add your pom poms. I like to place these underneath the "leaves" OR you can place them on
       top. Wherever your heart does so desire, that's where the pom poms go.

You did it! Simple, right?

xoxo Sallie


No comments