DIY Christmas Scene


Last week I brought you two fun Christmas DIYs and today, I am back for another one! Growing up, my mom had a ceramic Christmas village that she would set up on the piano. She would fill the streets with "snow," and always gave me instructions to not touch it. Confession Mom, I always snuck in there and played with it when you weren't looking!

This Christmas, I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to create a Christmas village of my own that I could play with as much as I wanted. This DIY is way easy -- in one hour you can have your scene completely finished! And if you already have some paint laying around, this will only cost you about $10 - $15. Here's what you need!




The Players
 • Wood board
• Paper Mache house
• Bottle brush tree
• Glitter
• Spray adhesive
• Paint
• Paint Brushes
• Snowflakes
• Hot glue


Directions

1. Paint your house. Using your favorite color, paint your house! I went pretty minimal on the
    details, but you add a doorbell, a christmas wreath, or even look up paper mache houses to get
    some inspiration!

2. Add some glitter. While your paint is still a little wet, sprinkle it with glitter. I like to do this over
    a plate so that glitter doesn't go everywhere. If you house is dry already, spray it with spray
    adhesive and glitter it that way.

3. Glue into place. Using your hot glue, attach the top to the bottom and then the whole thing to your
    wood plank. I glued my tree into place at this point also.

4. Add your snow. Take this step outside! It is very messy. Spray the "ground" of your plank with
    spray adhesive and then gently pat the snow into place. Continue until you have the amount of
    snow you like. Do the same with the roof of your house.


Now you have one house! Next year you can make another, and before you know it you'll have your own Christmas village! I think this is definitely going to be a holiday tradition for me.

How did yours turn out? I would love to see what you made! Leave your comments below 

xoxo Sallie

No comments