DIY Floral Art


Last fall I bought 6 black frames from a garage sale for a dollar a piece, but until now I have been totally stumped on how to use them. This past weekend, I found myself with a bucket of leftover Easter flowers, and I just had to find a way to use them.

This is what I came up with.



I LOVE these! Not very often, but sometimes, a project comes together quickly and works exactly the way you want it to. This was one of those times. I was inspired by some Mother's Day cards that were made by Brittany Jepsen at House That Lars Built, and decided to take this a step further by using live flowers!

This is easy and cheap, and you will get all sorts of oohs and ahhhs from everyone!

Materials
Flowers and Greenery
• Watercolor Paper
• Frame
• Hot Glue
• Scissors

Directions
1.     Size your paper. If you are using matting in your frame, trace the size and leave one inch
        around it. For a larger frame, you may need tape two sheets of paper together.

2.     Place your flowers. Here is where you get to be creative! Lay out your flowers in your desired
        pattern.

3.     Glue flowers in place. Just add a tiny dab of hot glue to hold flowers in place.

4.     Center and frame. Make sure you have your new art is centered up, and place a strip of tape to
        secure it. Close up the frame.

It's as easy as that! Word of advice -- greenery and flowers with fewer petals work the very best. 


I'm not exactly sure how these will age, but with such affordable supplies it would be nothing to whip up a new batch for every season. 

I'd love to see what you made! How did you make this DIY your own?

xoxo Sallie

4 comments

  1. Sallie! I love these- they make your mantle so bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Court! I think I'm going to hang the 6 smaller ones above our bed.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! Glad I could help inspire you today; )

      Delete