Home Goals 2016

Today, I'm sharing my list of Home Goals for 2016! Every year, instead of resolutions I make a list of home improvements I want to make, and furniture I'd like to purchase. I've found that by prioritizing the items I would really like to purchase, I am less likely to make questionable or compromising decisions.

When it comes to items for your home, you don't want to settle! Unless you really know what you want, you are very likely to end up purchasing something cheap that temporarily serves your needs instead of waiting to purchase something that will last longer. My friend Courtney wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about #Homegoals With A Small #Homebudget. She talked about the difference between improvising and settling, and being willing to save for the nicer item instead of settling for a temporary fix. It's a great read -- go check it out now, I'll wait for you here.

Are you back? Good. I hope you found that enlightening, I surely did! And now without further adieu, I give you....

Home Goals 2016


1. Belgian Linen Curtain, West Elm
   Our current curtains are orange. These will block light and look much better!
2. Mini Abacus Table Lamp, West Elm
    Love these for a nightstand. I found something similar at Target, too.
3. Transitional Ivory Viscose/Chenille Rug, Overstock.com
    I bought this last week to replace the rug in our bedroom. I think the neutral palette will look great!
4. Modern Crewel Lattice Pillow, West Elm
    Our bedding is white, so this will be a great contrast.
5. Silk Hand-Loomed Lumbar Pillow, West Elm
   Another pillow to add color and texture. 
6. Jack Chair, Schoolhouse Electric + Supply Co.
   I love this chair! My plan is to reupholster one we own, to look like this one. 
7. Reeve Mid-Century Dining Table, West Elm
    I love the blend of wood and stone with this table! Hoping I can snag it on sale sometime this year. 
8. Tile Wool Kilim Rug, West Elm
    Thinking this would look great under our current dining table.
9. Mid-Century Dining Chair, West Elm
    I would love to pair this with the table to freshen up our kitchen.   
10. Essex Upholstered Ottoman, West Elm
      I am hoping to get this to replace the black trunk we have. It will be much comfier on the feet! 

So as you can see, I just need $15,000 and I'll be set ; ) A girl can dream right? What made your 2016 home goals list?

xoxo Sallie

No comments