The Whole30 Program


This month I am embarking on a 30 day, whole body reset called Whole30. Basically, Whole30 is a way to cut out harmful or unnecessary ingredients from your diet so that you body can heal and get stronger.

Whole30 is 30 days of no legumes, grains, dairy, sugar, carrageenan, MSG, sulfites, or alcohol. These foods may have been affecting your digestive system and other areas of your life without you even noticing it!

For me, this is a way to get back on track (especially after vacation) and feel healthy for the fall. I am a group fitness instructor and I have to be on my A game, and I believe this will help me to have more energy. I also love a challenge. I do the very best when I am following some sort of program or rules, so this is an exciting venture for me!

 I could go on in more detail, but Whole30 has an amazingly helpful website and you should spend a few hours researching this info for yourself, as this is definitely a challenge you need to be prepared for.

Over these next 30 days I am keeping a food journal as well as documenting the recipes I try, and any tips and tricks I pick up along the way so I can share them with you here on the blog!

I am 3 days in, and so far I feel really great. I can honestly say, I haven't been craving things as much as I normally do. I also was able to go through a pretty long day yesterday without feeling like I needed a nap! That's a major plus for me.

Fall is a great time to begin Whole30, right before the holidays hit and it's a natural time of the year to start getting back on a schedule.

What say you? Are you in for a 30 day challenge?  

xoxo Sallie


No comments