Galentine's Day 2016


This week I hosted my first ever "Galentine's Day" party! For those of you unfamiliar with the term, Galentine's is a fictitious holiday, created by Leslie Knope from the the TV show, Parks & Recreation. It's a holiday all about celebrating the love you have for your girlfriends.


I have some very lovely gal-pals, so I was more than happy to host a gathering in their honor. We spent the afternoon making bath bombs, snacking on chicken salad, sweet potato fries, some macaroons (thanks Francie!), and this spectacular lemon blueberry layer cake.


This recipe is from a fellow "Sally" at Sally's Baking Addiction, and I cannot stop singing her praises! This was incredibly easy to whip up -- although I did have a moment where the top of the cake cracked and started falling off as I was putting it in the fridge. I ended up catching it on my chest, while hold the rest of it and considering if I should call out to Andrew for help. I was able to fix and re-frost though -- catastrophe avoided! I topped it with a felt flower topper -- I'll make a DIY for that soon.


I also got a little extravagant with my "Galentine's" invites. I don't mess with scrapbook paper often, so this is my outlet.


One of my favorite parts of the day though, was the bath bomb making. If you haven't done this yet, do it! It's way easy, and it's a great activity for you to do with your gal-pals. I loved seeing everyone's take on colors, and all of them turned out really well! Plus, when you work with the ingredients it makes your hands super soft and smell amazing. My hands still smell like jasmine.


All in all, it was a really nice day and I am so glad to be surrounded by such amazing friends. I love you all and happy Galentine's Day! 


xoxo Sallie

1 comment

  1. You had with your friends a great fun party! Thanks a lot for sharing these photos here. At one of iconic party venues in Los Angeles we hosted a grand party last weekend. Invited all my old friends and truly had a great time with them.

    ReplyDelete