Fa la la Felt Wreath

Hello dear friends and readers, it's good to be back! This past month my 9 - 5 job has changed, and I've been left with fewer blogging hours! If you didn't know, I also teach group fitness classes and last week I taught 13! My body really needed a break from everything, so this past week I just took it easy instead of trying to push a post out. But I am back to you now, refreshed and more ready than ever to share what I've been up to! 



Fall is finally here! Can you feel it? Tulsa is slowly starting to embrace the fall weather, and with that it was time for a decor change on the front porch. I moved the spring plants, and today I am going to purchase my pumpkins and mums, but the finishing touch for the front porch is this felt floral wreath.



This bad boy took about 3 solid 6 hour days to make. Felt flowers are time consuming! Looking back, I have ideas on how I can streamline the process, because I would love to be able to sell these in the shop. I also think there is a way to get by with fewer blooms -- this wreath has over 60 of them! That's a lot of crafting and hot glue, believe me! 


Later this week, I'll show you how you can make your own wreath. They are really inexpensive -- about $35! The biggest investment is the felt, which I went for higher quality wool felt because of the thickness and the variety of colors I could get it in. I you go to Hobby Lobby you can get 4 sheets for $1, but it's pretty flimsy and the color palette is very limited.

I'll leave the crafting details for another post, but don't you just love this? I love how fall it feels!

What is your favorite way to decorate your porch for fall? 

xoxo Sallie

2 comments

  1. Do you have a certain tutorial that you used to create the flowers? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I am actually putting together a tutorial for this very thing and hope to have it posted by Friday! But in the meantime, check out SimplyTurquoise for a few really great tutorials!

      Delete