Home Tour: The Kitchen


Welcome to Cocina del Sallie! This kitchen is open late and specializes in pies and locally sourced quiche! In all seriousness though, this kitchen is a big part of our home and is a far cry from where it started!


This beautiful kitchen is from when our house was purchased. I pulled this pic off Zillow. Our house had been foreclosed and sat empty for a number of years before it was finally purchased and flipped by my brother-in-law


Basically everything in this kitchen was redone. We now have custom cabinets, fresh subway tile, and quartz countertops. Even though our kitchen is quaint and small, we make the best use of our space.


Let's talk about this table, I love this table! I bought it from the same antique store that the bird pictures from my dining room are from. It seats two comfortably and doesn't take up too much room. 


And speaking of not taking up too much room, look how compact and space efficient Lola Butters is whilst sitting at this table.


We also use a bar cart from Ikea for a little extra storage! I think this was $30, and worth every penny. I also love displaying my Rifle Paper Co. recipe box. 


 This up-cycled cookie jar is not only an homage to Lola, but a trusty companion in the kitchen. It has a very wide opening so it stores all my utensils with ease.


I like to use every corner of space we have, literally! This otherwise unused corner is home to my owl cookie jar from Anthropologie, and spice jars. The spice jars say "I totally love you!" -- a little love note from Andrew. 


This is another one of my treasures. A vintage Vitamix! My Papa bought this for my Granny at a state fair in the late 70s. It still works like a charm!


At my sink I have a few more feathered friends. I told you of my love for ceramic animals, and the infestation has spread into the kitchen. What can I say? They keep me company. 


On the other side of my range I have my trusty cutting board, flour and sugar jars. The platter is a Sallie Dale original painted at our local ceramic painting shop. 


We make use of vertical space by hanging fruit and our fresh eggs in these wire baskets. I found mine at an antique store, but my friend Courtney has a great DIY for one over at her blog Always Rooney! you should check it out. 


I also like to keep our cupboards colorful and tidy. Some of my favorite bowls are these from Anthro.  And $6 a bowl?? You can't beat that. 

Thanks for checking out my kitchen everyone! And I would love to know how you make use of the space in your kitchen! Leave a comment below! 

Happy cooking...and eating : ) 

xoxo Sallie

2 comments

  1. Beautiful Sallie! And I love Lola sitting at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You guys have turned that home into a showpiece!

    ReplyDelete