The Urban Acres is moving!


The last few months have included some BIG changes for Andrew and I. Just to recap, I stepped down from my part-time job to work as a full time blogger AND I won the Mrs. Meyer's Home Maker Hunt -- two things that I am wildly excited about.

Andrew and I are still settling into our new roles (and budgets), but we decided to make things even more fun by buying a new house!

A little recap for those of you who may be new readers. Andrew and I moved into our 1950s home almost 4 years ago. It was a complete renovation. This house was definitely the eyesore of the street and possibly the entire neighborhood.

Here's a little bit of photo evidence.




This house had fallen into foreclosure when my brother-in-law bought it to remodel. We happened to be looking for a house right around the same time, so we bought it immediately after they had finished the work.


Andrew and I moved into a completely redone home without having to do any of the work ourselves. We have loved this little house while we've been here and have really made it our home.


Fast forward, we've been talking casually about moving for the past few months but haven't had any solid plans. We love our area, our neighbors, and our house but we have found that we need a little bit more room.

I've been searching Zillow for available homes in our price range and three weeks ago, a house popped up that was exactly what we were looking for! It was love at first sight and an obvious decision that this was the house for us.

We haven't closed on the new house so I have to wait to show you pictures, but trust me, you will love it! It's a fixer upper, but it's got major potential. We are taking more of a DIY approach with this house, so hopefully I'll have some great tips to share with you over the upcoming months!

This does mean that my dreams for the backyard of this house are cancelled, but it's ok because the new house has a covered patio with a pergola and 2 mature trees in the backyard! Plus it has a HUGE sunroom in the back of the house.


As with any move, it's also really hard to say goodbye to this house. It's Andrew and I's first house together, and we have so many great memories here -- it's almost like saying goodbye to a member of the family. I have been praying for whoever buys our home, that they will love and care for it as much as Andrew and I have.

Here's to many more homemaking adventures! 
Sallie

1 comment

  1. Very exciting for y'all! Good luck on the move and I can't wait to see photos of the new home!

    ReplyDelete