Home Tour: The Dining Room


Adjacent to our living room, is our dining space. We use it for many important things, like holding mail and my purse. But seriously, we do use this space and I am hoping that someday when we start a family we'll have regular meals together in our dining room.



Look who showed up for dinner, our cat, Fitzergerald Danger Dale. On the wall I have three antique bird pictures that I found at a little antique store in Claremore for just $30! They fit the space nicely, and I enjoy the muted color palette. 


                                                    And a closer look for all you bird watchers. 


Let's be honest, like most families these days we don't sit at the dining room table a ton, but when we do it's a great table to sit at! Andrew built this table himself! With his two bare hands! It's a cedar top with pine framing, and hairpin legs. He stained it, and then used a beeswax rub to give it a satin finish. Andrew says this table was a simple build, and I am sure we will blog about it in the future!


Fitz also appreciates Andrew's handiwork. 


The chairs were inspired by these, but I ended up finding a much more affordable option on Overstock.com. These chairs are great because they stack which makes storing a breeze.


And my chair model, Lola, is showing off the sleek style of these antique chairs! You know what they say, if you want something to look more beautiful, add a puppy. These are from the same antique store as my bird pictures. If my memory serves me right, we purchased these for $28 a piece. 


Lola is a little upset that her chair modeling career hasn't quite taken off so Fitz is comforting her. 


I love to cut flowers from our bushes to have on our table, but Fitz loves to eat the flowers and throw them up in random spots around the house. Really these stayed for photos, and then they had to go. That darn cat! 

That it is it for our dining room, we hope you'll come by for dinner sometime! 

xoxo Sallie

No comments